After having a fantastic season of the 2017 IPL, the Indian Premier League 2018, also known as the Vivo IPL 2018 is now the most awaited cricket tournament in India for all the cricket lovers. IPL, which has changed the face of T20 cricket, is considered to be the most highly demanded and acknowledged cricket tournament. The 11th edition of the Indian Premier League will have a total of fifty-nine matches, which includes 56 group matches and two qualifiers, one eliminator and one final match.
IPL 2018 Complete Player Squad List after the Auction
As the IPL 2018 auctions have been finished and the final list of players participating in the IPL 2018 tournament has been declared, here we present you the IPL 2018 complete player list, team wise.
- Mumbai Indians – The team is having 25 players to play in IPL 2018. Here is the Mumbai Indians Player List for IPL 2018 –Hardik Pandya, Rohit Sharma, Krunal Pandya, Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard, Pat Cummins, Jasprit Bumrah, Evin Lewis, Suryakumar Yadav, Ben Cutting, Mustafizur Rahman, Rahul Chahar, Pradeep Sangwan, Jason Behrendorff, Jean-Paul Duminy, Saurabh Tiwary, Tajinder Dhillon, Nidheesh M D Dinesan, Aditya Tare, Siddhesh Dinesh Lad, Mayank Markande, Sharad Lumba, Anukul Roy, Akila Dhananjaya, Mohsin Khan.
- Chennai Super Kings – Chennai Super Kings has a total of 25 players to play in IPL 2018. The lists of the players are MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Kedar Jadhav, Shane Watson, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Shardul Thakur, Murali Vijay, Harbhajan Singh, Faf Du Plessis, Sam Billings, Imran Tahir, Mark Wood, Deepak Chahar, Mitchell Santner, Lungisani Ngidi, Asif KM, N Jagadeesan, Karn Sharma, Ambati Rayudu, Kanishk Seth, Monu Singh, Dhruv Shorey, Kshitiz Sharma, Chaitanya Bishnoi.
- Kolkata Knight Riders – A total of 19 players will be playing for Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL 2018. The list of the players are Mitchell Starc, Robin Uthappa, Chris Lynn, Piyush Chawla, Sunil Narine, Kuldeep Singh Yadav, Nitish Rana, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Andre Russell, Shivam Mavi, Mitchell Johnson, Dinesh Karthik, Shubman Gill, Ranganath Vinay Kumar, Rinku Singh, Cameron Delport, Javon Searles, Apoorv Vijay Wankhade, Ishank Jaggi.
- Kings XI Punjab – A total of 21 players will be playing in the team of Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2018. The list of the players are Axar Patel, KL Rahul, Ravichandran Ashwin, Andrew Tye, Aaron Finch, Marcus Stoinis, Karun Nair, Mujeeb Zadran, Ankit Singh Rajpoot, David Miller, Mohit Sharma, Barinder Singh Sran, Yuvraj Singh, Christopher Gayle, Ben Dwarshuis, Akshdeep Nath, Manoj Tiwary, Mayank Agarwal, Manzoor Dar, Pardeep Sahu, Mayank Dagar.
- Delhi Daredevils 2018 Complete Player list – Delhi Daredevils is having a total of 25 players in the squad list of IPL 2018. The players in Delhi Daredevils teams are Shreyas Iyer, Kagiso Rabada, Amit Mishra, Rishabh Pant, Shahbaz Nadeem, Glenn Maxwell, Vijay Shankar, Chris Morris, Rahul Tewatia, Mohammad Shami, Gautam Gambhir, Trent Boult, Colin Munro, Daniel Christian, Jason Roy, Naman Ojha, Prithvi Shaw, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Avesh Khan, Abhishek Sharma, Jayant Yadav, Harshal Patel, Sandeep Lamichhane, Manjot Kalra, and Sayan Ghosh.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – Sunrisers Hyderabad is having a total of 25 players in the squad size for IPL 2018. The list of the players in Sunrisers Hyderabad are Manish Pandey, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, David Warner, Rashid Khan Arman, Syed Khaleel Ahmed, Sandeep Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Yusuf Pathan, Wriddhiman Saha, Siddarth Kaul, Deepak Hooda, Kane Williamson, Carlos Brathwaite, Basil Thampi, Mohammad Nabi, Chris Jordan, T Natarajan, Sachin Baby, Shreevats Goswami, Shakib Al Hasan, Bipul Sharma, Syed Mehdi Hasan, Ricky Bhui, Tanmay Agarwal.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – Royal Challengers Bangalore is having a total of 24 hours in the squad size for IPL 2018. The list of the players are AB de Villiers, Virat Kohli, Chris Woakes, Yuzvendra Singh Chahal, Umesh Yadav, Sarfaraz Khan, Brendon McCullum, Washington Sundar, Navdeep Saini, Quinton De Kock, Mohammed Siraj, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Mandeep Singh, Colin De Grandhomme, Parthiv Patel, Moeen Ali, Manan Vohra, Pawan Negi, Tim Southee, Kulwant Khejroliya, M. Ashwin, Aniket Choudhary, Pavan Deshpande, Anirudha Ashok Joshi.
- Rajasthan Royals – A total of 23 players are a part of Rajasthan Royals for IPL 2018. The players of Rajasthan Royals are Jaydev Unadkat, Benjamin Stokes, Jofra Archer, Sanju Samson, Krishnappa Gowtham, Jos Buttler, Ajinkya Rahane, Darcy Short, Rahul Tripathi, Dhawal Kulkarni, Zahir Khan Pakteen, Ben Laughlin, Stuart Binny, Steve Smith, Dushmantha Chameera, Anureet Singh, Midhun S, Shreyas Gopal, Prashant Chopra, Jatin Saxena, Ankit Sharma, Aryaman Vikram Birla and Mahipal Lomror.
IPL 2018 Teams Squad List
The latest and big news for IPL 2018 is the releasing of the list of retained players for all the teams of IPL, means fans can see the IPL 2018 team player lists who have been signed in the same squad from the last season of IPL. Before the IPL 2018 Teams Squad List auctions being taking place, here is the list of retained players for all the teams of this season.
- Mumbai Indians – Rohit Sharma (Captain), Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya
- Kolkata Knight Riders – Sunil Narine, Andre Russell
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – David Warner (Captain), Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – Virat Kohli (Captain), Sarfaraz Khan, AB de Villiers
- Kings XI Punjab – Axar Patel
- Delhi Daredevils – Rishabh Pant, Chris Morris, Shreyas Iyer
- Rajasthan Royals – Steve Smith (Captain)
- Chennai Super Kings – MS Dhoni, Suresh Rain (Captain), Ravindra Jadeja
The above names are from the IPL 2018 team player lists, which will still play in the same team as previous season of IPL. They are retained in the same team.
According to the most recent rules issued by the IPL governing council, each team was permitted to opt for up to five players by Player Retention (Pre Player Auction) and Right to Match (RTM) (amid the Player Auction). Among these players, there can be a greatest of either three retentions or three RTMs. If there is no retention before the player auction, then the team franchises can have up to 3 RTMs.
The break up for the IPL 2018 Team Player Lists selection will go like this – a Maximum number of 3 capped Indian players, 2 international players, and 2 uncapped Indian players each. The player retention price rule for compensation cap charged has been set as Rs 33 crore (for 3 players pre-auction), Rs 21 crore (for 2 players pre-auction) and Rs 12.5 crore (for 1 player retained pre-auction).
IPL 2018 Auctions
The auctions for the final IPL 2018 Teams Squad List has been held in Bangalore on January 27th and January 28th, 2018. The player retention policy, player regulations, salary cap and other important rules were already announced by the Indian Premier League Governing Council and the Committee of Administrators. The IPL player registration was closed on January 12, 2018, with a total of 1122 players, who have been registered for the IPL 2018 team’s squad auction. The list of the registered players contains 281 capped players and 838 uncapped players. Here is the detailed number of registered players country wise for IPL 2018 Teams Squad List.
- India – 778 players
- Afghanistan – 13 players
- Australia – 58 players
- Bangladesh – 8 players
- England – 26 players
- Ireland – 2 players
- South Africa – 57 players
- New Zealand – 30 players
- Scotland – 1 player
- Sri Lanka – 39 players
- USA – 2 players
- West Indies – 39 players
- Zimbabwe – 7 players
The IPL 2018 Teams Squad List auction of the players is something everybody gets amped up for; however, there is a genuine side to this for both the clubs, i.e. the bidders and the players. The IPL 2018 Teams List and the IPL 2018 complete player list are given below.
Changes in the IPL 2018 Player Auctions
The IPL 2018 player auction has witnessed few changes. There was a change in the player salary cap and the IPL 2018 Teams Squad List size. For IPL 2018 auctions, the salary cap of the players has been increased and the IPL 2018 Teams Squad List size has been lowered. The player salary cap has been increased to INR 80 crore, which is equal to $12.4 million. The IPL 2018 Teams Squad List size has been lowered to 25 players plus 8 international players. Earlier, it was 27 players with 9 international players.
Return of the Suspended Teams
The two most popular teams, Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals were suspended for the last two seasons of IPL. The suspension was done due to some match-fixing issues. But this year, in the IPL 2018, both the teams are set for a comeback. Anything left for both the teams is only the final IPL 2018 team player lists, to confirm that which players will be a part of both the teams except the ones who are already a part of the retention list. Due to the comeback of Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals in IPL 2018, the two newly formed teams, which are Gujarat Lions and Rising Pune Supergiants, have been removed from IPL 2018 after a decision from the IPL and BCCI committee.
The 8 Teams to Fight in IPL 2018
After the return of the suspended teams, the following 8 teams will be fighting against each other in IPL 2018, and here we present you the IPL 2018 teams list –
- Mumbai Indians
- Chennai Super Kings
- Kolkata Knight Riders
- Kings XI Punjab
- Delhi Daredevils
- Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Rajasthan Royals
Now that the IPL 2018 complete players list for the IPL 2018 Teams Squad List has been finalized after the auctions, you must be waiting for the tournament to begin. Not only you, but it is all the fans of Indian Premier League around the world are eagerly waiting for the tournament to start and see their favorite teams perform and compete against the other teams. To experience that moment, we have to wait for 2 more months until the first ball of the tournament is played.